What’s your next special occasion? Whether you’re planning to attend a political fundraiser, fraternity gala, quinceaĆ±era, formal cruise dinner or other black tie event, VIP Formal Wear can help you put your best foot forward. We carry a range of designers so you can find the perfect tuxedo for your unique style, whether you’re going for a classic style or looking to set a trend.
Visit a VIP Formal Wear location in Raleigh, Greensboro or Winston-Salem today to speak to one of our experienced tuxedo specialists.
Check the Invitation!
Need help decoding that invitation? Here are some hints to what’s appropriate to wear at your next formal event:
- White tie – White tie events are very formal and dress guidelines for these events are usually strict. Wear black tails with black trousers, a white pique wing collar shirt, white pique vest and bow tie, white gloves and formal shoes. Choose coordinating accessories. Optional white tie accessories include a silk scarf, top hat and cane.
- Black tie – If the invitation says “black tie,” tuxedos are required. While you don’t necessarily have to wear the traditional black bow tie, stick to a formal tux and coordinating accessories.
- Black tie preferred/requested – While black tie dress is not mandatory, the host requests that you do wear a tuxedo and proper accessories. A white or ivory dinner jacket may be substituted during warmer weather.
- Black tie invited/optional – Again, tuxedos are not required at this event, but many attendees will choose to wear a tux. When deciding your look for a black tie optional occasion, consider what your date is wearing to the event.
- Cruise formal wear – Most cruises require one night of formal wear. Tuxedos or white dinner jackets are highly recommended.
Hosting an upcoming fundraising gala, a formal business event, or other large-scale celebration? Register your event with us to receive special group rates on formal wear rentals.REGISTER NOW