Our Current Wedding Special
Groom’s Rental Free* and
50% Off Ring Bearer’s Rental* plus
$30 Off All Other Rental Outfits*
*Special applies to wedding parties of 6 or more complete rentals. Contact store for details.
When preparing for the big day, one of the most important choices is the decision of what the groom and groomsmen will wear. At VIP Formal Wear, our skilled tuxedo specialists can guide you through the process of choosing your wedding tuxedo, from the smallest detail to the overall look.
You’ll be looking back at your wedding photos for years to come. So, put your best foot forward with a tuxedo from VIP Formal Wear. Our wide selection allows you to create a wedding look that’s quintessentially you.
Learn more about our wedding formal wear options:
- Traditional formal – Black tux or white dinner jacket, black trousers, white pleated shirt, coordinating accessories and formal shoes
- Contemporary formal – White, ivory or grey tuxedo with matching trousers, formal shirt, coordinating accessories and formal shoes
- Traditional, very formal – Grey or black cutaway, matching striped trousers, white formal shirt, grey vest, ascot or four-in hand tie and formal shoes
- Contemporary, very formal – Cutaway or black tuxedo, matching trousers, white formal shirt, vest or cummerbund, ascot or tie and formal shoes
- Traditional formal – Black tuxedo, matching trousers, white formal shirt, coordinating accessories and formal shoes
- Contemporary formal – Black tuxedo, matching trousers, formal shirt, coordinating accessories and formal shoes
- Traditional, very formal – Full dress (black tailcoat), matching trousers, white pique shirt, white pique vest, bow tie and formal shoes
- Contemporary, very formal – Black tuxedo or tailcoat, matching trousers, white formal shirt, coordinating accessories and formal shoes
Wedding Day FAQs
Who should wear a tux?
- The groom, best man, ushers, groomsmen, father of the bride, father of the groom and ring bearer
What should the ring bearer wear?
- The ring bearer may dress like the groom or the groomsmen. He should be fitted only two weeks before the wedding due to growth spurts.
When should we register our wedding?
- You should register the wedding at least two months before the set date. It never hurts to register earlier, and sometimes specials require that you have registered and have all measurements in one month ahead of the wedding date.
What about out-of-town groomsmen?
- Groomsmen should be professionally measured at a formal wear store. They can call in their measurements to 1-800-877-7215 or mail in the size card that VIP provides. For an online, printable version of the size card form, click here
What if I gain or lose weight after being measured?
- If you gain or lose weight after being measured for your wedding tux, come in at any time and be re-measured. Adjustments can easily be made.
What if we change our minds about the styles we picked out?
- Come into the store and change styles. We prefer that all changes are made at least two weeks before the wedding date.
When do I pay for the tuxedo?
- When placing an order for a tux, you must put down at least a $40.00 non-refundable down payment. You pay the balance of the cost when you pick up the tuxedo.
What happens if the tuxedo gets damaged?
- A processing/cleaning fee is required on each rental order. Minor repairs are covered by this fee. The customer is responsible for the replacement cost of non-repairable and/or lost items.
When must I return the tuxedo?
- Tuxedos are usually required to be returned the next business day. There is a $25.00 per day Extended Rental Fee charge for tuxedos not returned the next business day.
What if the tuxedo doesn’t fit?
- All tuxedos should be tried on in the store. With our local NC formal wear warehouse, we can quickly get replacements to our stores.
What if the invitation says “Black Tie”?
- Black Tie means to dress formally for the wedding. You should wear a tuxedo, matching trousers, formal shirt, cummerbund or vest and tie. You do not necessarily have to wear a black vest and tie.